Learn a Famous Ballet Variation- Monthly Workshops (Saturdays @3pm)
Time & Location
About The Event
Join our inclusive and inspiring classes to take your ballet to the next level, learn repertoire and refine your technique and artistry.
Join us at each month, for an afternoon of inspiring movement and work towards learning a famous variation. These classes aim to help those with experience and knowledge of ballet work towards learning famous repertoire and variations from iconic classical ballets. (Aimed at adults but mature students from 14+ welcome)
Each workshop will focus on one variation after a general warm up and classical ballet barre. In the hour and a half session you'll get the time to develop skill, technique and artistry. We teach you the variation, exactly as the professionals do it, so you can challenge yourself and dance to your hearts content! However, for those struggling, we always have a simplified version of the steps, so don’t be intimidated and have a go!
You will learn ballet terminology and steps, but equally important, we will focus on your individual artistry, expression and style. We want you to come away achieving every ballet dancers dream performing your solo routine (Don't panic, we will not make you stand up in front of anyone and perform)
So, if you have always wanted to learn some repertoire, at a level suited to your own needs, now is your chance!
Workshops run on Saturdays at 3pm-4.30pm
Upcoming variations include
Sat 23rd Jan 2021: BlueBird Variation from Sleeping Beauty
Sat 20th Feb 2021: Cupid variation from Don Quixote
Sat 20th March 2021: White Swan from Swan Lake
Sat 17th April 2021: Act 1 variation from Giselle
Sat 22nd May 2021: Gamzatti Variation from La Bayadere
Sat 19th June 2021: Tchaikovsky Variation from Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux
Sat 25th Sep 2021: Lilac Fairy from Sleeping Beauty
Sat 23rd Oct 2021: 1st Shade variation from La Bayadere
Sat 20th Nov 2021: Kitri Variation from Don Quixote
Please note: Classes are capped at 10 spaces in light of Covid-19, this means you will be part of a small group of dancers with lots of space and time for individual feedback and corrections. The studio is cleaned in between each class. Don't miss out!
Come along and...
- Develop technique and artistry
- Learn professional repertoire
- Improve posture, alignment, strength and flexibility
- Reconnect with your body and mind
- Meet like-minded people and have fun!
- Dress up if you like!
Is the workshop right for you?
- Suitable for people with prior experience of ballet
- Suitable for those wanting a challenge and willing to have a go
- Suitable for intermediate/advanced students (you are welcome to dance en pointe)
If you are interested but are unsure if this is the right level for you, please contact us or check out our other classes. We have a Beginners Ballet class every Thursday 6.15 – 7.15pm, Improvers at 7.30pm. Open Classes on Mondays at 6pm and Saturdays at 9am.
- BlueBird Variation 23/01/21£12£120£0
- Cupid Variation 20/02/21£12£120£0
- White Swan Variation 20/02/21£12£120£0
- Act1 Solo: Giselle 17/04/21£12£120£0
- Gamzatti Variation 22/05/21£12£120£0
- Tchaikovsky Variation 19/06/21£12£120£0
- Lilac Fairy Variation 25/09/2£12£120£0
- 1st Shade Variation 23/10/21£12£120£0
- Kitri Variation 20/11/21£12£120£0